- What is OFII?
OFII (Office Français de l'Immigration et de l'Intégration) is the French organisation for immigration. They certify that you are healthy to live in France. It’s mandatory to get the OFII stamp.
- What are the documents that I have to carry for my OFII appointment?
Your valid passport
- A list of the shots (vaccinations) you have had
- One official passport photo
- Proof of accommodation with your address in Rennes (a copy of your rental contract is enough)
- A Stamp for €60. You can buy the stamp called a "timbre fiscal" in any "Bureau de Tabac (tobacco shop or smoke store).
- How do I take an appointment for OFII?
You don’t have to do anything to do to take an appointment with OFII. You will get a letter to your address in Rennes with an appointment date and time within the first three months of your arrival in France.
- What do I do if I don’t get any letter from OFII within the first 3 months?
If you do not get any letter from OFII within 3 months from your date of arrival in France, write an email to email@example.com
- Is it mandatory to get the OFII stamp?
Yes it is. Without the OFII stamp, you cannot stay in France more than 3 months and you can’t renew your French residency permit.
- What if I am busy on the day & time given in the letter?
You cannot miss the appointment except in the case of school examination.
- Can I leave France without OFII stamp on my passport?
Yes, you can travel in the countries that fall under the Schengen Area and to your home country, but only the first three months.
- What if I don’t get OFII stamp before my winter session?
If you do not get your appointment letter from OFII within 3 months of your arrival, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have changed my address recently. How do I get the appointment letter to my new address?
You have to inform the French post Office, you can do this process online :
- Where is the Office for Immigration and Integration in Rennes?
Office Français de l'Immigration et de l'Intégration, 8 rue Jean Julien Lemordant, 35000 Rennes
- I don’t speak French, do the people at OFII speak English?
No, unfortunately, they speak only French. Try to take a French speaking friend with you if necessary.