It depends on the country you intend to travel to, the duration of your stay and the type of récépissé you have been issued. If you have been issued with a renewal or duplicate récépissé, you may travel to countries that are part of Schengen for less than 3 months. For other countries outside of Schengen or for a longer stay, you may have to apply for a VISA. A récépissé only guarantees a right of residency in France. If you have any doubts, please contact us.
Articles in this section
- What documents do I need to apply for an APS/job seeker's permit ?
- I am in PGE 2 and I have to do PGE 3. What is the VISA procedure for me?
- Can I travel to my home country and come back to France with a récépissé?
- Can I travel in Europe with a récépissé?
- I lost my passport in France, what do I do now?
- I don't speak French. How do I communicate with the OFII people?
- I don't have an address in Rennes. How do I apply for an APS / job seeker's permit?
- I just finished my MSc and found an internship in another European country. What do I do now?
- Can I work full time with an APS / job seeker's permit?
- What is an APS / job seeker's permit?